Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I have now officially been a mother for eight days. Wow. Thats all I can really say. I now have a new appreciation for my mother. I mean I only have one child and Ive only had him for a week. My mother had SEVEN. I cant even begin to imagine all the sacrifices she had to go through for all of us. She never seems to think about herself, only the well being of her children, even now that all of us are (mostly) out of the house. She recently took time off work to help me with my newborn. While she was here, she cleaned my house, cared for me and my baby, and made sure we had everything we could ever need to take care of him. She is an excellent teacher, and I continue to rely on her wisdom and knowledge almost daily. She is an amazing example. I have never heard her complain, Ive never seen her fight with my dad, and have only very rarely heard her raise her voice. She made sure all us kids made it to church every week and instilled the importance of God and all His commandments into our heads. She was forgiving when we did things we shouldnt have and understanding when we needed help. She now has ten grandchildren, soon to be 11, and she does all she can to know each of them individually. She is a fighter, she stands up for what she knows to be right, and she doesnt give up on anyone. I love her very much and am grateful that I have such an awesome example to look up to. I love you Mom! Happy mothers day.

2 comments:

  1. You made me cry. :) You do have an awesome Mom! I love her very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute, and very true. We came to earth to experience things for ourselves, and being a parent is never appreciated until we become one.Your Mom and Dad are great examples of what a good marriage should be. And thanks, Andre, Markell couldn't have done it without you! We love you

    ReplyDelete