Sunday, February 20, 2011

baby showers, mission farewells, and wood work

so last weekend my sister Brooke and I took a drive down to Idaho Falls. It was a very eventful weekend. My sisters and sisters in law had planned a baby shower for me. It was awesome. They put a lot of work into it and I got a lot of much needed baby items. My cousin Tammi really wanted me to post some pictures of all the cute decorations, but I don't have them... sorry Tammi you'll have to talk to my mother about that...

The next day my little brother Jackson gave his "going away on a mission" talk. He did an amazing job. I can't believe that he's going on a mission. Im so proud of him and grateful for the example he's been. He is now in the Provo MTC for about three weeks then he'll be going to the Lima Peru mission center. His actually mission is Cusco, Peru. He is going to be a great missionary.

This weekend, my friends threw a baby shower for me. We played a lot of fun games and had a really good time. I wish I had pictures from that too, but we didn't take any. I'm glad that I have such good friends that would put the time into making the baby shower fun.

This weekend I decided to try my hand at a little wood working project. I found some simple plans at ana-white.com. I made this:
its a little shelf for holding books. I made two of them. I did a really good job, I think. The only thing I did bad was that I splashed stain everywhere when I was staining them. It turns out that Vegetable oil takes stain off the skin really well though so I was glad about that. I didnt have a jigsaw to cut the edges so I just used a saw and some rasps to make the curves. It was sort of difficult but Im satisfied with how they turned out.

I think thats about it!

2 comments:

  1. Markie! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to your shower, hope you got everything you needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shower was so fun! I'm glad we got to see you and Brooke! Nice job on the shelves!!

    ReplyDelete