Sunday, May 17, 2009

For Lack of a Better Title

Its been kinda crazy up here in Moscow. Everyone left for the summer and I have been packing my things to move to a different apartment. It kinda stinks that I have to pack ALL my stuff up just to move down the street, but the rent will be much cheaper and it will be nice to have a change of scenery.

I had a pretty sweet faith building experience the other day. The Sunday before finals week my bishop decided to get up and talk about keeping the Sabbath day holy and how homework should be done on other days of the week. Of course he picked an excellent day to bring up this topic. I had a final the next morning and hadnt yet begun to study for it. So I decided to just trust the bishop and trust the Lord and do what I was supposed to do. I spent Sunday doing Sunday-things and I didnt study. I woke up early the next morning and attempted to study, but I didnt feel prepared for the test at all. So I go to the test, fairly nervous, and no one was in the room. I was freaking out that I had gotten the wrong time or the wrong room and I was going to miss my final. I finally tracked down my teacher and it turns out I had been told the wrong day. My final wasnt until Wednesday. Had I been paying attention in class, I would have known this from the beginning, and it never would have been a issue of whether I would study on Sunday or not, but I was very glad that I had kept the Sabbath day holy and that I was given extra time to study for my final.

On other notes, I bought a sweet LCD Moniter that will also hook up to my desktop computer so I now just have to push a button on my remote to go from TV to computer. It's pretty sweet.

Tammi - I know you will be reading this as you are one of my faithful readers, and I hope you had an amazing birthday. I love you very much and I am very thankful for the example you have been to me. Thanks for being such an awesome cousin.

Mom - I know you also will be reading this, as you are my mother and thats what you do - I hope you had an amazing Mother's day. Im sorry that I wasnt able to be there, but I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I appreciate all you do for me.

Thats about it! I hope everyone is enjoying this amazing Sunday as much as I am.

4 comments:

  1. Good work with the Sunday no doing homework! I was good at that probably every other Sunday... :) That's awesome! And! I hope you like your new apartment! Maybe we can come visit you again and see your new one :) I am still hoping that you eventually move up to Rexburger :) (Really, I am...everyday I ask Scott about it... and your Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right--I do read your blog. Keeps me a little in the loop. We are excited to see you this weekend. I'm so lucky to have you for a daughter. Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do read it faithfully. Jack's Pack starts this week. . . games are on Tuesdays again. . . missing you. . .home alone until wednesday. . .wish you were closer so i could help you move and take you to lunch. . .thank you for being an awesome cousin. . .glad you know that i love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too feel bad that I can't come help you move. I am only an hour away all week but they have me stuck in a classroom for orientation from 8-4:30 every day this week! SORRY! I am thinking of you though!

    ReplyDelete