So, we got home about 4 pm Sunday. It took us about nine hours to get here. The roads werent too bad, just a little snowy in some parts. When we got home, Andre informed me that a pipe had burst. He was outside checking out the damage while I was inside. I soon realized that it was FREEZING in our house. I looked at the temperature thing and it said that it was FOURTY degrees in the house. No wonder the pipe burst. I couldn't figure out why it would be so cold. I informed Andre that our furnace must have gone out. About this time, he had managed to cap off the leak outside. He came inside to check out the furnace and I heard water coming from somewhere else. We went into the bathroom and the pipe behind our washer had cracked and there was water spraying onto all of Andre's clothes in the closet. It took him a minute but he figured out how to shut off all the water to our house. About this same time, I got hungry, so I opened the fridge. It didn't seem like it was very cold. I opened the freezer and realized that our frozen juices were no longer frozen. I close the freezer and took a second to calm down. Here is what went through my mind:
- we have no water
- our furnace is busted
- our fridge is busted
-CRAP
So, Andre started to work on the furnace It turned out that the pilot light had gone out, which is why it was so cold, which is why the pipes froze. So, we figured out most of the problem. I then happened to glance at the microwave clock and realized it had reset. So it turned out that the power must have gone off at some point while we were gone, which is why the fridge didn't seem super cold. So, it turns out that our furnace was fine, our fridge was fine, and we just had two pipes to fix. After a few water leaks and a couple hundred trips to the hardware store, Andre got it all fixed. We only had to go without water for about 24 hours, and we were lucky enough to have the spare key to Andre's brother's trailer, which is only about five trailers down from ours.
In other news, I had my ultrasound today. The tech told me that my baby already has a head full of hair. And the baby is in the 41% for weight. And it has four chambers in it's heart. And it is a boy :)
Check out the alien like pictures that the tech gave me :) I especially like the one on the bottom.
Oh No! I'm glad you only needed to fix 2 pipes! I would freak out if water was spraying on my clothes! haha. And, Congrats again on finding out you are having a boy!! That is super exciting! :)
ReplyDeleteOh dear! I haven't had internet for a few days but that is awful! I wish we could help, but I'm glad you are able to fix it :) And! YAY! FOr a BOY! (And a full head of hair!) Hehe :)
ReplyDelete