Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Grandma Parry



So I totally had this idea to dedicate a blog post to my Grandma Parry since its her birthday today. I worked the night shift, and just woke up and lo and behold, two of my cousins beat me to it! Oh well, I will still post one about her.
My Grandma is an amazing person. She cares so much for all of her children, grandchildren, greatgrandchildren and great-greatgrandchild. Its amazing how much love one lady can have. Ask my grandpa, he's got a running total of their posterity, and its amazing what two people can create. My grandparents have kept their children and their childrens children and their childrens childrens children very close to each other. I remember family dinners we used to have every sunday at Grandmas. Haha, me and my other cousins were on the younger end of everything and we always had to go eat in the office. We didn't care though because our table was a sweet folding table that folding into a briefcase looking thing, complete with its own chairs. After dinner we would go downstairs and play paper boy on grandma's regular nintendo that was sooooo awesome. Or we would play crackers in the bed. Anyway. Back to Grandma. She is always there to support all of her grandkids. She came to many sports games and other functions while I was growing up. I really like what Larkin said about how everyone feels that they are her favorite grandchild, and everyone is right. She has gone through so much suffereing, but is always wondering what she can do to help others instead of worrying about herself. One of my favorite memories of her (Im not quite sure why its my favorite) was one of the many wonderful times we were up at the cabin. We were playing Kanasta, which Grandma is amazing at. There was an earth quake, which is weird for that area. It was just a small one, the people in the basement didnt even feel it. But my grandma was so sure that someone had shook the table and she wanted to know who it was. She was sure the earth quake was some how tied to the card game and someone trying to make it so she didn't win. If I remember right, her partner was Paul. Her and Paul were always partners during that game and they always did very well. My grandma is very very smart. I always thought that when I got older, I would be able to do crossword puzzles and those puzzles where the letters are all mixed up and you have to figure out what the letters actually are. I thought it was just a thing that grown-ups could do. Turns out, I was wrong. I now am so much more amazed at her abilities with those puzzles! She does them so quick, and the fact that she can do them at all amazes me. I mean.. Im a pretty smart person, but those puzzles are hard! She whips them out like there is nothing to it. My grandma is an extremely caring person. She will do anything for anyone. One of my other favorite memories is every year on Haloween, after we got cold trick-or-treating, we would go to my grandmas house. She always had hot apple cider ready for us. It was always my favorite part of Haloween. I hope I can turn out to be even half the lady she is. She really is an amazing woman.


Also, not to leave him out, but its my nephews birthday today too! Happy Birthday Kanyon! He's such an awesome guy and I love that he lives a pretty short distance from me. I love being able to see him and his sisters and my sister.


And, today is just the day for birthdays. Its also my Uncle David's birthday too! I hope all those people with birthdays have a good day today!

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to add one other memory - I remember when we all used to go over and pick raspberries all the time. Someone in my family got stung by a bee one time and I remember how Grandma took care of them like it was her own child. She really does love all her grandchildren very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the post. I took a copy over to Grandma last night. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved this post! i might have teared up a bit reading it. we have such an awesome grandma to be grateful for! i laughed out loud a bit thinking about family dinners in the office, paper boy, and crackers in bed. remember that huge spring in the back bedroom that we weren't allowed to touch? oh how i miss it. love you!

    ReplyDelete